The Office of External Relations, led by Martin Shell, aligns the work of Stanford’s externally facing teams to implement the new university vision, which calls for the creation of new strategies for service and engagement regionally, nationally and globally, along with enhanced collaboration with local partners to address sustainability, affordability and other local challenges.
The President is responsible for the management of the University and all its departments, including the operation of the physical plant and the administration of the University’s business activities. To assist in the performance of these duties, the President, with the approval of the Board of Trustees, appoints a number of officers.
The Provost, as the chief academic and budget officer, administers the academic program (instruction and research in schools and other unaffiliated units) and University services in support of the academic program (student affairs, libraries, information resources, and institutional planning).
Stanford Web Services provides the Stanford community a full range of Drupal website planning, design, development, and maintenance support.
Stanford Video captures lectures & events, produces national television shows from the Stanford campus and creates custom programs for classrooms.
Other News Offices:
- Stanford Medical Center Office of Communication and Public Affairs
- Stanford Business School News and Publications
- Hoover Institution Office of Public Affairs
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- Law School News Office
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- Stanford Arts
- Stanford Magazine
- Stanford Online and the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
- Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment