The President is responsible for the management of the University and all its departments, including the operation of the physical plant and the administration of the University’s business activities. To assist in the performance of these duties, the President, with the approval of the Board of Trustees, appoints a number of officers.
The Provost, as the chief academic and budget officer, administers the academic program (instruction and research in schools and other unaffliliated units) and University services in support of the academic program (student affairs, libraries, information resources, and institutional planning).
The Office of Public Affairs coordinates and facilitates Stanford’s relationships with neighboring communities; local, state, and federal government; and the general public.
The Stanford News Service provides assistance to reporters and disseminates much of the university’s news. They also publish the daily Stanford Report email newsletter.
Stanford Web Services, a collaboration between University Communications and IT Services, provides the Stanford community a full range of Drupal website planning, design, development, and maintenance support.
Stanford Video captures lectures & events, produces national television shows from the Stanford campus and creates custom programs for classrooms.
Other News Offices:
- Stanford Medical Center Office of Communication and Public Affairs
- Stanford Business School News and Publications
- Hoover Institution Office of Public Affairs
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- Law School News Office
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- Stanford Arts
- Stanford Magazine
- Stanford Online and the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
- Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment