Non-News Film, Photography and Video
Non-news, education-related requests to film on campus should be made in writing at least five business days in advance.
Contact: EJ Miranda, Senior Director of Media Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request permission, please send the following information:
- Name and description of the organization or individual making the request.
- Name, office and email address of the Stanford University individual or organization involved in the filming or photography.
- Project description, including the context and way in which Stanford is to be portrayed and the intended use of the resulting material (including where it will be shown and how it will be distributed).
- Date(s) requested.
- Time and duration of proposed shoot.
- Specific site(s) requested. Requests absent specific locations will not be considered. Be advised that filming/photography at locations such as The Oval, Hoover Tower, in the Main Quadrangle, in Memorial Court and in Memorial Church is prohibited.
- Number of people and amount and type of equipment involved, including vehicles.
- Proof of adequate insurance coverage and indemnity is required. Certificates of liability insurance should name the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University (450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305), its officers, agents, representatives, students, employees and volunteers as additional insured.
- A Stanford location agreement must be executed in advance.
Last updated: May 20, 2019